2014年7月31日星期四

Still don't know what can each one of you do to stay 'green' ?

    Are you tired of hearing from the negative news about climate change? Do you feel that the natural disasters are too big for you to make some changes? Well, at least I am. Soon, I realized that thes e news can't help encourage people to take action against climate change. The only thing that they can do is to discourage people that how powerful nature is and how weak human beings are. Then I found an excellent blog called MY ZERO WASTE. It gives me plent of specific illustrations about things that individuals can do to protest food waste and pollution. I'm going to share this green blog with you.

        The blog is witten by a family living in the UK (I think...). There are four members in this family. They call themselves the Greens. They are trying to educate people to join them by their personal experiences. For instance, they stop using any plastic products every July  (including stop using plastic bags when buying vegetables and fruits, which I think is very difficult to accomplish that!) After that, they write about that in their blog and tell people that it's actually very easy to boycutt plastic bags in their life.



        In their blogs, besides their personal experiences, you can also find posts about their arguments on some social issues, for instance, excess packaging in supermarkets. Their opinions are really convicing since they always use photos and videos to illustrate their views. It's the same thing that happens to the STORY OF STUFF project. They make fantastic videos in order to arouse people to argue about the problems in their political, social and commercial systems.

        I made a comment about the article 'Is this the answer to reducing food waste?'.(http://myzerowaste.com/2014/06/is-this-the-answer-to-reducing-food-waste/) In this article, they said that many of the fruits and vegetables are thrown away only because that they have abnormal physical appearance. People prefer the ones that look good and ignore the ones that look ugly. They investigated a French supermarket brand and learnt that this brand is promote the concept that these vegetables and fruits have the same nutrition as the one with normal appearance. This brand actually started to sell 'inglorious' vegetables and fruits in supermarkets and make them into juice and other products. They let people taste them for free! Surprising, the brand received plenty of positive feedback from people and saved a lot of money since they didn't have to throw these 'inglorious' vegetables away.

       So, would you join us and apply these suggestion into your life? Stop complaining about the weather and start to take action! Just believe you can do more!

        For further information, please go to http://myzerowaste.com 
  

3 条评论:

  1. What an inspiring story. We can all learn from this family.

    回复删除
  2. Absolutely incredible Yifei!!!! I am so excited to hear about this blog. That video about the inglorious food was amazing. I actually really love disformed food and vegetables. I am going to make sure to eat the vegetables that other people don't want so that that I help prevent waste. Awesome job!

    回复删除
  3. 此评论已被作者删除。

    回复删除